portland tech diversity
Technology companies are solving profound challenges.
The underrepresentation of women and communities of color in the tech industry is a challenge we're taking on collectively in Portland. Our initial efforts are focused on educating ourselves on the dynamic challenges associated with this.
how are we working to diversify portland tech?
1. Partner with groups in Portland that can assist with hiring and career advancement for underrepresented communities.
2. Create and implement strategies to increase hiring of women and people of color, from intern programs to full-time positions at all levels within our organizations.
3. Educate staff on unconscious workplace biases and implement specific actions designed to alleviate them.
4. Provide internal development and progression programs and ensure underrepresented employees can access these programs.
5. Share our collective data on the demographic representation within our offices in the Portland metro area of gender and race.
Portland, Oregon Regional Diversity Statistics
Click the images below for a larger view:
WHY WE'RE DOING THIS
Many tech companies across America are taking real steps to acknowledge and address tech diversity and inclusion, and they should be applauded. However, little has been done beyond the silos of individual companies. In Portland, we're changing this.
We believe collective action and accountability are required to address the underrepresentation of women and people of color in our industry. We're coming together because it's the right thing to do, it will help our companies, and will make Portland Tech stronger.